PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT FOR BIG BIG CHANNEL SERVICE (“PICS”)
2. We regularly review this PICS and may from time to time amend its terms and conditions by updating http://www.bigbigchannel.com.hk/en/pics. By continuing to use our Service after any amendments to this PICS, you are agreeing to this PICS as revised, so please do visit http://www.bigbigchannel.com.hk/en/pics periodically for updates.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
3. We collect your personal data when you apply for our Service or register to be a user of our Service. It is also the case that data relating to your use of our Site and Service are collected from you when you use our Site and Service.
4. Personal information that we may collect from you includes (a) information you provide when you register to be a user of our Service or request/purchase a product or service from us, including your salutation, first name and surname, address, telephone numbers, gender, email address, identification card number and/or copy, year of birth, username and password, and payment information such as bank account; (b) information you provide to us when you use our Site and Service including messages and comments sent by you, images or videos uploaded or contributed by you; (c) information you provide to our customer service and support or during other customer communications; (d) information about your computer, phone or other web enabled device (collectively, the “Device”), which may include mobile app token, the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-location and location of your device, device type/manufacturer, Internet Protocol (IP) address (and domain names), operating system type and version, network type, and Internet service providers; and (e) information about your usage of our Site and Service, which may include the time/duration and the contents and pages visited or our Service used (access log).
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
5. It is entirely voluntary for you to provide personal data, but if you want us to process your application or registration to our Service, you must provide to us the personal data marked as “mandatory”. Personal data provided by you will be used by us for the following purposes and any purposes related to and/or for the furtherance of any of these purposes (collectively “Purposes”):
(a) application, administration, continuation and termination of the use of our Service;
(b) enabling the provision of our Service;
(c) processing and completing transactions requested by you;
(d) providing you with news, notices and other communications of our Service such as features, content, technical notices, updates, security alerts, etc;
(e) conducting credit reference checks;
(f) processing billing and payment, determining amounts outstanding, and, if necessary, collection of outstanding payments;
(g) enabling the daily operation of and managing your user’s accounts in relation to our Service;
(h) handling and following up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
(i) verification of your identity;
(j) meeting the requirements to make disclosure to any governmental authority in Hong Kong and overseas jurisdictions under the requirements of any law binding on us;
(k) enabling us to provide other services better tailored to your needs;
(l) enabling us to provide you with the most effective service in different locations, devices, connectivity and situations;
(m) helping us to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service;
(n) enabling us to detect, investigate and/or prevent unauthorized or illegal activities;
(o) conducting research in relation to our Service provided by us;
(p) enabling us to better understand the demographics of our users;
(q) performing statistical analysis of your behavior and interest in any service provided by us; and
(r) any other purposes as may be agreed by you from time to time.
6. You warrant to: (a) provide us true, accurate, current and complete personal data about yourself; and (b) update the foregoing data from time to time. We may suspend or terminate your user account or refuse your access to our Service or any part thereof without notice if we suspect that you have breached this provision.
7. If it becomes necessary that we have to take action against you for any reason whatsoever including without limitation recovering from you any money you owe us, you expressly agree that the personal data provided by you can be relied upon in identifying and taking legal action against you.
8. While we will take all practicable and reasonable steps to protect personal data from unauthorized or accidental access, disclosure, misuse or processing, or from alteration, destruction or loss, we may transfer/assign such data to the following parties:
(a) any actual or proposed assignee, transferee or successor of or to our rights in respect of your personal data if we decide to sell any relevant part of business;
(b) any agents, suppliers, contractors, professional advisors, insurers, other network operators or third party service providers who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to us and/or the relevant service(s) in connection with our Service;
(c) any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirement of any law binding on us or for the purposes of any guidelines or codes of practice issued by regulatory or other authorities with which we are expected to comply;
(d) governmental authorities or other third parties assisting us detecting, investigating, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, security, or technical issues.
10. If necessary, we may transfer your personal data to places outside Hong Kong for carrying out the Purposes (or the directly related purposes) specified above, for which the personal data were collected. Where such a transfer is performed, it will be done in compliance with the prevailing requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of Hong Kong.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN DIRECT MARKETING
11. We intend to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, and we may not so use your personal data unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection). Subject to your consent, we may use your salutation, first name and surname, address, telephone numbers, gender, age, email address, and record of use of Service for marketing of the following services and products:
(a) our products and services and/or the products and services of any company within the TVB Group;
(b) news, rewards, promotions and events related to or offered by us and/or the TVB Group, such as Television Broadcasts Limited and MyTV Super Limited;
(c) joint promotion, rewards and events with merchants and business partners or other third parties offering discount and other benefits to users of our Service, from and in relation to goods and services of or relating to the following industries: entertainment, media and public relations, telecommunications, retail, leisure and sports, food and beverage, transportation and tourism, software and games, education, environmental, health and wellness, non-profit, information technology, social networking, parenting, financial and property.
12. If you do not wish us to use your personal data for direct marketing at any time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall remove your personal data from our archive within fourteen (14) days after we receive your notification.
13. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on your Device when you visit our Site. A cookie can be used to identify a Device, but it is not used to collect personal information of an individual user of our Site. The information collected by “cookies” is anonymous aggregated research data and contain no name or address information or any information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, email or any other means. Some of the cookies are required by our Site to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalized browsing experience. Whilst most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you can edit your browser options to block them. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use some of the functions or access certain areas of our Site. By using our Site, you consent to the use of these cookies.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
14. Except as provided in paragraphs 8 to 10 above, your personal data will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorized to do so. Employees and contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this PICS. We have implemented reasonable security measures to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which such data was collected. We will then destroy such data unless their retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
ACCESS TO AND UPDATE OF PERSONAL DATA
16. You may at any time:
(a) request access to and correct personal data relating to you in any of our records;
(b) ask us to remove your personal data from any active mailing or distribution list; or
(c) cease to use your personal data and terminate your use of our Service subject to our Terms of Service.
17. To exercise any of your foregoing rights, please email us at email@example.com marking your communication “Confidential” and specifying our Service that you have registered. In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the personal data refers. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing such access requests.
18. Our Site and Service may include links to other services or sites. This PICS applies to our Site and Service only. You are exposed to cookies that are not our responsibility when you access to linked sites or other services, and any information you submit to linked sites or other services will be subject to the privacy policies of those sites or services (if any). You are advised to review the relevant policies carefully before providing any information to those linked sites or services.
19. If you wish to contact us directly, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information, other than the personal data that you send through this email, will not be considered or treated as confidential information. Do not send us through this email any information, ideas, suggestions, proposals or comments that you consider confidential or that you want to be treated as confidential.
20.Your telephone conversations with our staff may be recorded, retained and used as evidence by us without further notice.
21. If any part of this PICS shall be deemed unlawful or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from this PICS and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provision of this PICS.
22. This PICS shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. Disputes arising herefrom shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
23. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese version of this PICS, the English version shall prevail.
Last Update: 6 July 2017
To ensure we get your application,
please do not close the window until you see the confirmation message.